Our non-negotiable values govern everything we do.
They are S.E.R.V.E - because we believe true leadership is in service of your
S. Systematic ExcellenceE. Empowered StewardshipR. Respect & IntegrityV. Voracious LearningE. Energize Lives
We believe excellent outcomes are born from strong systems. Therefore, we are committed to creating extraordinary systems in our personal lives and in business.
We are committed to the aggressive pursuit of excellence in everything we do, from sending an email with no typos to expertly orchestrating the closing and growth of a multi-million dollar business. We are not an average company and we’re not average people.
We understand which areas require thoroughness, and in those areas, we do not compromise quality. Likewise, we understand which areas require effectiveness, and do not let the pursuit of perfection slow us down.
We exceed expectations and provide all our stakeholders with moments of surprise and delight.
- You show great attention to detail and you don’t make mistakes.
- You finish one task before taking on the next.
We are proactively solutions-oriented and always practice 1-3-1 (1 problem, 3 solutions, 1 suggested course of action).
We embrace and drive change by taking action on calculated risks. We are constantly reaching beyond current boundaries, challenging the status quo, and leading others to new horizons.
Take The Shots
We encourage everyone on our team to "take the shots". Over time, we want everyone to develop their gut about business decisions and have increasing autonomy in their position. This means it’s ok to make mistakes, as long as you learn and improve from them.
We believe in taking extreme ownership which is the practice of owning everything in your world, to an extreme degree. It means you are responsible for not just those tasks which you directly control, but for all those that affect whether or not the mission is successful. We don’t make any excuses for missing the mark, and if the team fails, everyone fails.
We believe the best way to lead someone is by serving them. Therefore, we practice servant leadership within our team and with our stakeholders.
- You never present a problem without a solution.
- You are proactive - doing things you haven’t been asked to do that will help the company.
- You are transparent about mistakes and how you grew from them.
We do what we say we will do.
Ethics And Transparency
We always base our decisions on what is ethical and transparent, not on what seems expedient, profitable, or convenient. We do the right thing regardless of the personal or corporate cost.
We always pursue win-win relationships. Business and personal success is built through relationships and all quality relationships are mutually beneficial. Our philosophy is "win-win" or "no deal".
We always practice radical honesty and value being “disagreeable givers”. We don’t want a monoculture, we want to discover the best ideas and actions through respectful disagreeability.
We are humble and without ego. We don’t seek recognition for our actions, we are never entitled, we are never arrogant.
- You are transparent about both positive AND negative information.
- You think about and strive for the positive outcome of all parties involved.
- You aren't a "yes man/woman". You respectfully disagree with the goal of discovering the best course of action.
We have an insatiable appetite to grow personally and professionally within the framework of learning > mastery > automation.
Teach What We Learn
We constantly teach what we learn to our stakeholders, inspiring them to relentlessly pursue personal and professional development.
Inspire And Mentoring
We inspire and mentor our stakeholders to relentlessly pursue personal and professional development.
Maximize The Potential
We believe that every person has more potential than they realize, and our paramount goal is to maximize that potential.
- You are curious about how things work.
- You are your own teacher (self-evaluative).
- You contribute to our culture of self-development.
We make decisions and actions on motives related to energizing and enabling as many lives as possible and prioritizing that over the accumulation of financial wealth.
Wealth That Truly Matters
We believe the wealth that truly matters is your family, your health, your friends, your community, and our planet.
Equality Of Opportunity
We believe that talent is equally distributed around the world, but opportunity isn't. Therefore, we are building a company that is optimized to provide equality of opportunity around the globe.
We always look out for each other and go out of our way to encourage and support each other. We believe the best teams are not only those that effectively work together but also those that play together outside of the office.
We encourage diversity in opinions, ideas, and points of view.
We always have a positive attitude. We are never defeatist or pessimistic.
- You take initiative looking for ways to encourage and support people in our ecosystem.
- You seek first to understand before being understood.
- You pay great attention to your thoughts and words, making sure they are always realistically optimistic. You don’t use pessimistic or limiting language.
- You don't just focus on the financial bottom line, but on the bottom lines of purpose, people, and positive impact.