Ryan graduated from the University of Colorado – Boulder with a Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs and Business in 2009. During this time he worked as an intern for the US Embassy in Bern, Switzerland in the immigrant visas department.
Since graduating he has built, bought, and sold several websites and has successfully closed on $8M worth of web-based businesses over 130 transactions as a website broker.
He enjoys spending time with his family (wife, son aged 7, daughter aged 4), playing basketball, eating (pretty much anything), traveling, and learning about business and life, not taking a day for granted.
Covered In This Episode
- Ryan speaks French when he’s drunk.
- Growing up in Germany.
- Everyone should travel and have some sort of entrepreneurial experience.
- How to transition from working in a corporate environment to owning your own business and being your own boss.
- The importance of community.
- Getting your family involved in the business.
- Ryan shares details about a deal that didn’t go well and some of the risks involved with web properties.
- Be careful about putting TOO much skin in the game.
- How to choose the right business model and niche for yourself.
- What are the deal structures that sellers are most open to?
- Where are things trending with brokerage, online business, prices, and more.
- How to stay off the brokerage blacklist.
- Ryan shares details about a deal that went really well.
- Parting advice for people looking to sell websites.
- Parting advice for people looking to buy websites.
Thanks for listening to the Acquira podcast! If this episode has helped you in any way and you feel like we have earned it, please leave us a five-star rating and review on iTunes. Reviews are extremely helpful and we read every one of them!
Join The Acquira Community
- Apply to our Business Buyers Workshop.
- Subscribe to our email list for regular business buying resources and advice.
Leave a Reply