Spencer is the founder of NichePursuits, where he chronicles his journey building niche online businesses. Over the years, he’s tried out all kinds of different online business ideas like: creating niche websites, buying and selling websites, running a software company, selling physical products through Amazon FBA, and more.
He also loves the outdoors, and sports, and has been married since 2002 with four kids.
Covered In This Episode
- Spencer’s background.
- Building over 100 niche websites.
- Spencer’s life as a website guinea pig.
- Spencer’s advice to risk-averse people who want to buy their first web asset.
- Overview of online business models and which is best for newbies.
- Bolt-on acquisitions.
- Spencer talks about recent acquisitions he has made.
- What Spencer looks for during due diligence prior to the acquisition of a website.
- How easy would it be for a competing website to usurp your rankings?
- This is not a passive business. Be proactive.
- Why Spencer loves online business.
- Spencer’s worst entrepreneurial moment.
- Parting advice for people who haven’t acquired a website.
- Parting advice for people who have acquired a website.
Thanks for listening to the Acquira podcast! If this episode has helped you in any way and you feel like we have earned it, please leave us a five-star rating and review on iTunes. Reviews are extremely helpful and we read every one of them!
Join The Acquira Community
- Apply to our Business Buyers Workshop.
- Subscribe to our email list for regular business buying resources and advice.
Acquira is a business acquisition in a box service. We help entrepreneurs buy businesses and we invest in them and their chosen businesses. We are here to help ensure that each business we work with is posed to make the biggest positive impact possible for its owners, employees, and community.