Discover whether being an Acquisition Entrepreneur is a good fit for you.
The Gauntlet is an investment towards your knowledge of business acquisitions. We call it the Gauntlet because it serves as a crash course in finding, analyzing, and acquiring a business.
This self-paced course usually takes about a week to complete, and in the process you will analyze a real-life business that Acquira actually purchased.
The Gauntlet is the first step in the Accelerator Program and a preview of teverything it takes to acquire a business and will help you decide if it’s the right path for you.
- Do you exhibit our core values (S.E.R.V.E.)?
- Do you have the financial ability to close on a deal with $750K EBITDA (whether that’s with cash reserves, SBA, or through a willingness to approach a creative structure)?
- Are you interested in doing multiple acquisitions over time?
- Do you have relevant business experience or the drive to learn what you don’t know?
- Beyond earning a healthy ROI, do you want to use your business to give back to your employees and your community?
If you want to create wealth and freedom by acquiring a 7-figure business, then the first step is The Gauntlet.
The Gauntlet is a self-directed online program and the first step in our acquisition training.
The content is 1/3 personal development and 2/3 acquisitions training. We partner just like we hire, and are looking for smart, curious, voracious learners with an ambition to realize their potential so they can give back and serve others. We value these traits above specific experiences.
The training covers a range of topics from personal development to acquisitions and diligence training.
- Uncovering your strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding core values and principle-centered decision-making in business
- Understanding your investment thesis
- Acquisition diligence – analyzing the market
- Acquisition diligence – analyzing the competition
- Acquisition diligence – analyzing the people
- Acquisition diligence – analyzing the systems & data
- Acquisition diligence – analyzing the reputation/brand
- Acquisition diligence – analyzing the finances
- Valuation & offer
- Understanding what it’s like to acquire a business with Acquira
The Gauntlet is the first step in our Accelerator Program. After completing the Gauntlet our training goes more in-depth into how to source, analyze, and purchase a 7-figure business.
They will then take at least one deal to our Investment Committee, which will help you test your investment thesis and business instincts while providing immediate feedback to improve your business search process.
Once you've been through the Investment Committee, you will be invited to a two-day workshop where you can tour a business we bought, network with fellow AEs, and ask questions of Acquira's team of acquisition experts. We only work with people who complete our entire training because acquiring a business together is a multi-year commitment and we want to make sure all parties are comfortable and aligned.